#01: Greetings & Salutations

Blogger Blog #01: Greetings & Salutations

Greetings and salutations everyone. Welcome to the Blogger version of my blog. Older posts can be found on my official site here. I digress...

My name is Jake A. Strife (call me Jake). I'm the author of nineteen books, through five different series. I tend to write in the fantasy, scifi, and horror genres. Usually young adult fiction.
A lot of my writing (at the time of this post) can be found on Wattpad, but as I publish them on Amazon, I'm forced to remove all but the first few chapters.

So far, I've published three books. All are the first book in a series.
They include:

Omega Virus: Beta Hour 
(Scifi/horror)--This is book one of my Gamers vs. Zombies seven part series. Gamers think they're ready for the Zombie Apocalypse, but when it happens, they find out End Game isn't as easy as it seems.
I've written six of the seven books so far. Each follows a different gamer as their way through the undead wastelands as they face zombies, zombeasts, and various evolutions of both.

Dark Dayz: VR Dawn
(Scifi/horror)--When you log into a VR video game and fully submerge, you expect to be able to leave, right? Wrong. To make matters worse, the game difficulty has spiked, and those who die in the game, die in real life. One gamer, thinking he's hot stuff, voluntarily jumps into the game thinking he has what it takes to take on the final boss and free every trapped soul. Now many people these days will say it's the same idea as a popular anime Sword Art Online, but I remind them the idea of being trapped in a VR game has been around for many years. I was actually influenced by a book I read as a child with the same premise. This is a nod to all such books, and I take readers on a ride through a nightmare filled world in the flavor of H.P. Lovecraft and the like. I've written two of these books so far.

Strange World: Grimoire
(fantasy)--What if you were given seven days to live? Well, a teenage boy has just received that prognosis. With parents that hates him, he only has little sister to live for. But how can he? When this teen goes to sleep, he appears in a strange world filled with bizarre creatures, magic, and all-out absurdity.
In this land he hears of an artifact that can grant a single wish that can transcend the barrier between worlds. Can he find this artifact and will it truly help him survive his illness? I've written two of these books so far.

My other books are in two different series, with a third on the way. (And one fanfic)
They are:

Severed Chains: Fateless (four books thus far)
(Scifi/fantasy)--Six teens no longer have the Chains of Fate that bind us all. When a prophetic book predicts the end of the world via a demon apocalypse, can these six teens survive, and better yet fight back and save us all?

GodForge: Forge of the Mind (one book so far)
(Epic Fantasy) The gods are angry. They ravage the land in search of something, or someone. One alchemist has devised a way to stop them. Using the most powerful of all artifacts, the Philosopher's Stone, he plans to create a machine capable of battling the corrupt deities and saving all the lands. Only one problem: The sacrifice to create the machine must be his son.

Crimson Wars: Blood Sisters (my work in progress)
(Vampire) A suicide attempt. A savior.  A hidden world. A war...with one girl caught in the middle.
Kyrie Garnet is not happy. She has an abusive dad, a boyfriend using her for sinful pleasures, and no friends in the world. Kyrie Garnet wants only to die. After an odd encounter with a strange girl, she comes to realize she wants to live. Too bad she's now stuck in a life or death struggle for the fates of all souls in the city of Crimson Wharf.


My fanfic is based on the video game Earthbound for the SNES (Super Nintendo).

So, that's all the summaries on my books published, on Wattpad, or in progress.
I've also dabbled in screenwriting, although I've decided I'll just turn them into novels when the time is right.

Subscribe to this blog to learn more about my books and road to success.
Thank you so much for reading. Stay tuned!


Comments

Popular Posts